Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Give Yourself Some Grace!

Being a Mama is hard work! It takes complete selflessness, more energy than you knew you had, sleepless nights, no sick days, constant cleaning up, constant self-evaluation!

I wouldn't trade all of that for anything because along with it comes indescribable joy and love I never imagined possible.

This pregnancy has been more difficult than my first. I wasn't this sick for this long, this exhausted, less migraines, and no toddler waiting for me to make their day whether I feel well or not :). I was looking around my house today and noticing all of the undone laundry, toys everywhere you could think of and then some, dirty dishes, grocery shopping needing to be done etc.. {not the first time I noticed, this is a daily thing :)}.. for a second I felt defeated and thought, 'How am I ever going to catch up?I feel like all I do is clean and this keeps happening!' Then I felt God give me peace and speak grace into my heart. This is just a season. I won't always feel like this. I should just slow down and enjoy these last few months alone with my girl because soon there will be another little one to share my love with. So, I forgot about the laundry I was folding, took Aubrie to her room, and we played on the floor for an hour. Read books, put her babies and animals 'nighnigh' and read the same books again. :) Fun for both of us, nothing else to think about but being together. That's what's important. Your house chores can wait. Spending time with your babies is what's important!
If you're feeling overwhelmed or defeated give yourself some grace! Taking care of everyone but yourself is not an easy task so just slow down and enjoy time with those you love, the rest will get taken care of.. eventually! Maybe it's time to re-evaluate your schedule and cut some things out, whatever God lays on your heart, do it!
 (To my surprise I found energy somewhere and am now sitting with a picked up house, folded laundry, and a happily fulfilled baby sleeping...yay!)

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness."  2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment